Looking for something?

Friday, March 14, 2014

Birchbox Review March 2014 (Box #17)

This month's theme is "spring forward" and with the lost hour this Sunday, it makes a lot of sense. Here's what I received this month.
Jergens BB Body Perfecting Skin Cream ($1.36) When I first saw this I thought "BB cream? Are you kidding me?" I really can't wear BB cream since it doesn't provide enough coverage for me. Upon closer examination, this is BB cream for the body. BIG difference! Most "finds" (Birchbox code for "drugstore product you'll love anyway) are a really generous size. This one? Not so much. I'm excited to try it out. I think it will really help make my skin look prettier in a sundress. I really would have preferred a larger sample though.
Supergoop City Sunscreen Serum ($.89) I recieved the full size of this in a PopSugar box long ago. I didn't like it then, and I don't like it now. 30 SPF? My foundation alone has 17! I'm not much into serums and moisturizers, so this is a total dud for me.

Inika Certified Organic Eyeliner in Green Lagoon ($20) I am excited to be getting a non-black liner, but this is very green. It's a light color which is tough when it comes to liner. I might try this on my lower waterline, but it's a pretty specific color. It will be fun to play around with and maybe it will be my favorite new discovery, but for now I'm a little hesitant.

Curl Keeper ($2.96) I have wavy hair that I straighten daily, mostly because I don't like how it looks so bedhead-ey. I am going to try this on a day I don't have to leave the house. Maybe it will tame my hair so that I don't have to flat iron every day? If so, that could make the whole box for me!
Juliette Has a Gun Not a Perfume ($2.40) How cool is the name of this? And the packaging? The perfume itself is AMAZING, but the full size is $90-$120 depending on what size you purchase. A little steep when I am rolling in perfume as it is. I'm so happy I got to try it, though! It is light and feminine and perfect for spring.

Not one of the best boxes ever, but not one of the worst either! I can't wait to try the BB cream, liner, and Curl Keeper, and I'm in love with the perfume, so all in all it is a pretty good one.My box this month was valued at $27.61 (not counting shipping costs for products or points back in the shop). Most boxes have an even higher value, so it's certainly worth the price! If you want to sign up for a box of your own, click here to use my referral code. 

No comments:

Post a Comment