Looking for something?

Thursday, December 19, 2013

Ipsy Review December 2013 ("Celebration")

This month's Ipsy theme is "Celebration" which totally fits the month of December. I just got my bag yesterday, which is pretty late by Ipsy standards, but I've been pretty busy lately so I hardly noticed.
The Bag ($1?)  This is easily the nicest Ipsy bag we've ever been sent. I love the diamond pattern and the black is neutral which is great. The inside has a red liner (finally not pink!), which is fitting for this month. I love it.
POPBeauty Bright Up Your Life Sample Palette in Naturally Bare ($7.20) Ipsy sent out two variations of this item, and I got the one I wanted! The other one had black, grey, and white, which would have been okay but I'm not sure if I would have used the black. The browns will be way easier to wear. I'm so excited to try this!
Nicka K New York Nail Color in Ripe Apple ($4.99) This is a nice red color, but I have lots of red polishes and only occasionally wear them. I was really hoping for the taupe shade that was also sent out, but I bet I'll be able to trade.

J Cat Big Lip Pencil in Caramel Mocha ($3.99) This color kind of confuses me. It's not really what I would call "caramel mocha." It is a brownish pink I guess? I will have to give it a try. The color makes me a little nervous, but maybe it will be a new favorite!
Be a Bombshell The One Stick in Sunset ($16) This is a gorgeous medium pink shade. The premise behind "the one stick" is that it can be used on eyes, lips, and cheeks. I would never put this color on my eyes (and don't like cream shadows much anyway). I also am unlikely to put it on my lips since it has a cream-to-powder finish, but I might try it out. For me, this is mostly going to be a blush, which is perfectly fine, but I wish they marketed it that way.
Mirabella Eye Blender Brush ($27) The brush kept rolling around so I had to hold it in place with my fingers. It's amazing, though! Nice, soft bristles and a high-quality, heavy handle. I love it! This definitely made the bag worthwhile for me and I'm so glad I got it!
My bag this month has about $60 worth of products! That's amazing value! Unfortunately, my stockpile of products is growing rapidly and I can only use so many lip products, shadows, etc. Ipsy keeps sending me too many of the same types of products, faster than I can go through them, so it is time to take a little break. Once I get through some of my supply, I'm sure I will be back! I don't think I will be able to stay away for too long. 

Now that I've canceled, I don't get points for referrals, but I still recommend the service if you're looking to expand your makeup collection at a low cost. It would make for a great gift, too!

No comments:

Post a Comment