Looking for something?

Wednesday, December 18, 2013

Birchbox Review December 2013 (Box 28)


Birchbox changed their outer box this month. I like the extra festive-ness!
There's a special inner box this month too. Obviously the theme this time around is "Sparkle and Shine." Birchboxes don't usually have much to do with the theme, so this isn't exactly notable, but I like the special box! It would be great if they would print the theme on the box every month.
Birchbox included this extra in everyone's boxes this month to promote their new app. The extra is that little black square. You stick it to the back of your phone, then use the other side to wipe your screen. I tested it out and I love it!
Pura Botanica Botanic Bath Infusion in Pick Me Up ($9.33) This is one of the coolest things I have gotten from Birchbox. It's like a tea bag for your bath. Pretty cool! I got this in an orange and lavender scent. I took a bath with it already, and I really loved that the bag let the himalayan salt dissolve while keeping any big chunks of anything (it looked like there were bits of lavender and dried orange peel) neatly contained in the bag. I would never, ever pay $9 for this, though. If I'm spending that kind of money, I would be happier with a couple of bath bombs from Lush.
Emily's Milk Chocolate Covered Fortune Cookie ($1) Yum! I ate this right away, and it was absolutely delicious. I hope they have them year round because I might add them on to my next order. My fortune was "You will create many good memories this holiday season." I sure hope so!
Hair Rules Quench Conditioner ($3.50) I was excited to get this since my mom got the shampoo. I hate trying one piece of a shampoo/conditioner regimen. I definitely liked the conditioner more than the shampoo.
I loved the pillow sleeve these items came in! So pretty and fun!

Borghese Superiore State-of-the-Art Mascara ($6.50) Mascara is my go-to makeup product, so I am always excited to try new ones!

Willa Lavender Facial Towelettes ($2.33) I am not a fan of lavender scents, so it was kind of a bit much to get two in one box, but I love getting face wipes in my boxes so I am happy to get these nonetheless.

My box this month has a value of $22.66. This is one of the lower-valued boxes I have received, but I will use every single item, so I am actually really happy with it! I love Birchbox! If you want to sign up using my referral code, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment