Looking for something?

Sunday, October 20, 2013

Ipsy Review October 2013 ("The Art of Beauty")

This month's Ipsy theme was "The Art of Beauty." I totally think doing makeup is an art form, so I think the theme this month is a good one.
This is the bag. The theme is good...the execution in the form of the bag is not. I am never in it for the bags, but seriously, this is one ugly bag. Not to mention this is a butchered Emerson quote, which they don't credit him with...nice, Ipsy.
Zoya Nail Polish in Mason ($8) This polish is gorgeous! It is way more attractive in person. It has these nice little flecks of glitter in it. Still classy but so fun! I am trading this for Giovanna. I love Mason, but Giovanna is green which is more unique in my world of many polishes.
Ole Henriksen Truth Serum ($12) What an awesome sample value! Unfortunately, collagen boosting isn't on my priority list, so this will go to someone who might appreciate it more.
Ofra Sultry Lip Gloss and Plumper ($12.95) Another great value, another item I won't use. Boo! I have way too much lip gloss and I just never use it. I don't have lip gloss checked on my profile...but I do have tools checked, and a brush was sent out this month as well. What gives, Ipsy? From what I've seen, they don't use IpsyMatch at all. Which is fine by me, but don't promise a customized bag and then not customize it.
Nourish Organic Coconut & Argan Body Lotion ($1.25) I was kind of excited about this because it has argan oil in it. I don't have much opinion about coconut. I like creamier coconut scents and dislike tanning-oil coconut scents. But I tried this, and the smell is just...awful. I have never been more disgusted by a lotion. It's truly atrocious. It has kind of a medicinal smell mixed with a rotten smell mixed with a tropical smell. I am DEFINITELY not purchasing this. It's truly the worst.
Style Sexy Hair Spray Clay ($6.03) I wanted to love this, I really did. I like hair products. This ended up almost as bad as the Nourish lotion though. It smells alright, but it is "volumizing," which in this case means "makes your hair a dry, tangley mess." It made my hair such a coarse, dry, awful texture. I couldn't wait to rinse it out by the end of the day. Maybe it offers some hold, but for me it wasn't worth the "texturizing" trait.

My bag value this month is $40.23. Which is amazing considering that I paid only $10. But...Ipsy and I are just not getting along lately. This makes for the third bag in a row I have been unhappy with. It's not that I hate the products in general, it just seems like Ipsy always matches me up with the items I would least want to receive. I liked the Zoya this month, but that's about it, and that's a pretty sad showing considering how many Zoya products I already have. I am tempted to continue for just one more month, but I guess we'll see.

If you want to try your luck with Ipsy (it truly is luck), click here to use my referral link.

2 comments:

  1. I wish I had gotten your bag instead. I would have loved to receive the Ole sample!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Funny how that works, right? It's a great value bag, just not items I am prone to use. Good thing I have an Ole loving buddy!

      Delete