Looking for something?

Saturday, September 7, 2013

My Second Sephora Order!

Less than a month after I placed my very first Sephora order ever...and I already have gotten my second. I am a little ashamed but not exactly shocked. It all started with a deal on Groupon--spend $5, get a $10 Sephora gift card. Of course I ended up using it immediately.

One of the things that I find most compelling about Sephora is the free samples, so let's start with those. They always have such good ones!! I'm glad I ordered when I did because now it looks like it's almost entirely foundation and perfume samples.


Sephora Waterproof Eye Makeup Remover ($1.90) I have a similar sample from Birchbox (Lancome's Bi-Facil) and I'm almost out, so this looked like the best deluxe sample for me. Certainly not as good a deal as the Murad cleanser I got last time, but I didn't want to get two of the exact same thing so close together. Besides, eye makeup remover is so boring to buy but so useful, so I'm happy that I got it for free!

Urban Decay Primer Potion Samples ($5, but only because I can't figure out the actual valuation) This doesn't have the ounces marked on it--so annoying! It makes calculating the value pretty much impossible. These are very generous samples of the Original, Eden, Sin, and Anti-Aging formulas. I can probably get 2-3 uses out of each one (the eyelid area isn't exactly huge), but these are foils so it may not be worth trying. A full size of this product is $20 and .37 oz, and honestly, I wouldn't be surprised if the four combined were .37 oz. However, like I said, they're foils, and I can't be sure they're really that much, so I'm just going to value the sample at what I would actually paid. Odds are it's worth quite a bit more. Awesome sample!
Algenist Firming & Lifting Cream ($2.35) I actually didn't order this sample at all, so it was great of them to toss it in! This stuff is pricey, though, so no way would I ever actually order it.
Bumble and Bumble Surf Foam Wash Shampoo ($.68) and Conditioner ($.71) I love shampoo and conditioner samples since they're so handy for travel. I've actually never tried Bumble and Bumble products, so I was intrigued, too. It sounds great for beachy waves!
Givenchy Mister Light Corrective Pen ($47.89) I was hoping this would come in a mini pen, since the full size comes that way. Alas, a foil sample, and it came in a pretty dark shade too, the third darkest. (I guess I was confused by the "light" in the name and there wasn't a shade listed.) Still worth trying, but I might be better off giving it to a friend. The crazy thing about this sample is that the full size is only 1.42 milliliters. The sample? TWO milliliters! Crazy! I assume it's just so pricey because a. it's a Givenchy product, and b. it's in a pen so it is distributed more slowly. I checked my calculations a bunch of times, so...hmm. Wow. I don't even feel like that's an okay valuation, since it's so crazy high. I guess I lowballed the primers, so it evens out, right?
Urban Decay Vintage 24/7 Glide-On Eye Pencils (Paid $12, worth $38 retail) Moving onto the real goodies...these are what really pushed me to order. $6 for a $19 Urban Decay product is a steal! I decided to order in Gunmetal (a steely grey) and Binge (a midnight blue). Still neutral and wearable, but something a little different. And for what it's worth, these are the only eye pencils I actually have been able to use so far. They glide on so easily and are nice and pigmented, unlike most eyeliner pencils I've tried! As of right now, these are still on sale, but in less shades. Binge is still there, so if you're interested, jump on that deal ASAP!
Urban Decay Grindhouse ($10) Okay, so this is a little weird, but I actually don't have a sharpener for liners. Or at least I didn't before now. I've been using this sharpener that came as a cap to a pencil liner, but it's definitely not the real deal. This wasn't on sale at $10 full retail, but if it's the only sharpener I'll ever need, it's totally worth it. It's fancy, too! It comes with a tray to catch shavings and a pick (with its own little compartment) to clean out the sharpeners. Beautiful!

Sephora Favorites Draw the Line ($30, $79 retail value) I am pretty sure this is a freshly launched collection, and I was so excited when I saw it. This includes three full size liners and three deluxe samples. I strongly prefer liquid liners (see above), and my mom strongly prefers pencil liners, so I think we'll end up splitting this set. Otherwise I won't be able to get through these for forever! I love eyeliner; cat eye is a staple for me, so I'm excited to try a bunch I've never gotten to try before. I haven't tried any except the Urban Decay and Eyeko ones which I loved.

This order was really liner heavy: who needs EIGHT liners at once? However, eyeliner is one of my favorite makeup items, and these are mostly new for me to try. Besides, like I said, I'll be giving a couple away, so I feel like my purchase was justified. I spent $56.21 with tax and shipping, but I got $5 with my Groupon voucher, and another $1.60 with Ebates, so I actually spent $49.61 out of pocket. Then of course I got Beauty Insider points for the purchase as well.

Final price breakdown? $49.61 paid, ~$185.53 retail value. Amazing deal! I think my addiction has truly begun!

No comments:

Post a Comment