Looking for something?

Saturday, September 28, 2013

Ipsy Review September 2013 ("Classic Beauty")

Before we get into individual items, I took a "group picture" for once! Everything looks so pretty together, but I usually don't have the patience.
This month's theme is "Classic Beauty." Over at Ipsy HQ, that apparently means "snoozefest."
This bag also came with an ad for Ipsy founder Michelle Phan's new makeup line, Em. The ad includes a "life size" representation of one of the palettes, plus small samples you can swatch.
Okay, onto the individual items!
"Classic Beauty" Bag (~$1) The colors this month are so pretty! The pattern is a little busy, but it's one of their better bags in my opinion.
Freeman Beauty Facial Paper Masks ($1.99 each, $5.97 total) These are such a cool idea! I tried the starfruit one, and I liked it, but man, the eye holes are close together! I don't have wide-spaced eyes either, and others had the same complaints, but it was still usable. I do love that they included three to try.
Elizabeth Mott It's So Big Mascara ($8) I have a LOT of mascara all of the sudden, so I'm not going to be trying this one for awhile. I've heard great things, though!

Starlooks Obsidian Kohl Eye Pencil ($12) Ditto for liners. I'm not opening a black liner for a long time, thanks to my Draw the Line set from Sephora!
Nyx Single Eye Shadow in Hot Crystal ($4.50) I was hoping for a neutral shade, and I got one! You can't tell, but there is some really chunky glitter in this stuff. Others that tried it said it got in their eyes and was really irritating, even with a primer. I'll try it out, but I'm a little worried.

Cailyn Tinted Lip Balm in Big Apple ($19) I love Cailyn's gel liner, but I just am not big on lip products. The ones I have will take me ages to get through, and this got so-so reviews. I think the color would wash me out, and I've heard it's drying (so much for a balm), so I don't think this is for me.

$50.47 in product, and I only paid $10 for the bag. Great value! Sadly, nothing in the bag this month really "wow-ed" me or excited me. I think it was the classic theme. I don't need another boring mascara/liner/shadow/lip product, give me something new and fun! Still, for all the fun the spoilers provide, $10 is nothing. Here's to hoping for awesome products next month. If you want to sign up with my referral link, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment