Looking for something?

Sunday, September 22, 2013

Birchbox Review September 2013 (Box 50)

I tell you how much I love Birchbox every single month, and September is no exception. It's just such a great deal! This month included a Ruffian polish in every box, and it was Birchbox's third anniversary, so the theme was "heritage." Their themes are almost always kind of a stretch, and with so many box variations it's kind of impossible for the items to fit the theme, but whatever. They try.
Davines This is a Sea Salt Spray ($10.80) This is a huge sample! Unfortunately some of it leaked out into the box, but it's almost completely full still. And they weren't kidding about the salt...there is definitely salty residue where it spilled! I'm excited to try this, though I haven't had much luck with salt sprays.
Dr. Lipp Nipple Balm for Lips ($2.90) I'm gonna be honest here. This sample really kind of freaks me out. It's 100% lanolin, which means it's oil from sheep wool. There's nothing wrong with it, and it's supposed to be super moisturizing, so I will try to give this a shot. But it just seems gross to me, and I'm not sure if I will be able to get over it even though I know it's silly.
Mally Beauty Volumizing Mascara ($20) This is full size!! I am so excited to try it out. Of course with the Lash Stash kit from Sephora I won't be opening new mascaras for awhile.
Malin + Goetz Vitamin E Face Moisturizer ($.90) I got two of those little packets, but my face is wayyy too oily for me to really appreciate moisturizer, so I'm glad I didn't get a larger sample.

Ruffian Nail Lacquer in Hedge Fund ($10) This is the color I wanted! It's definitely more like a duotone than I thought; there's a lot of gold-ness that you don't see in photos. Ruffian's Fox Hunt had a lot of staying power and was easy to apply, but I've heard Hedge Fund has kind of a different formula, so I'm excited to compare.

As usual, I am in LOVE with my box. I spent $9, got $5 back in points, and the box is worth $44.60. Insane value!! If you want to sign up via my referral link (and I highly suggest that you do, not just because I get points for it, but because it's an amazing subscription service), click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment