Looking for something?

Friday, August 9, 2013

PopSugar Must Have Review August 2013

I got my PopSugar box in today, and I must say, it's one of my favorites! I love fall, and I was happy to see that PopSugar is embracing it as well.
First Look
Bentgo All-In-One Stackable Lunch Box ($14.99) I love this! I have a lunch box, but I don't have much tupperware, so this will be perfect for packing things for work, class, and travel. I could even see myself using the bowl portion for snacks around the house. I like the purple color too; I was hoping I wouldn't get green, and my wish was granted!
NatureBox Dried Granny Smith Apples ($4) There have been mixed reviews on these, so I'm a little scared to try them. I'll give them a shot, though!
Lulah Body Wash in Tamarind Ginger ($11.25) I acquired a huge amount of body wash a few months ago (I got a couple huge bottles to review right after I bought a couple large bottles, and I'm still trying to get through my stash of soap), so I will have to save this for when I can whittle down my stash a little bit. I'm not sure what "Tamarind Ginger" smells like, but I hope I like it! I've never heard of Lulah before, so I'm excited to try something new.
May Designs Planner in "Weekly Agenda" ($15) This is so adorable. Planners are the sort of thing I never buy for myself because it seems like such a wasteful purchase, but I love feeling organized!
This is the view inside the planner. I love the way it's laid out: just enough room to write what you need to. And you write in the week, so if you slack on your planning for a little while, you don't have to waste any pages! In a way, though, I don't like that it doesn't include the dates. I want to know that I have a doctor's appointment on Monday the 17th (or whatever it is), not just "Monday."
Dermalogica Precleanse ($9.50) & Dermalogica Special Cleansing Gel ($10) I'm intrigued by the concept of a "precleanse." Dermalogica says that it "melts impurities and make-up from skin." I don't ever have a travel sized cleanser to take with me for travel, so I think I'm going to save this for my trip to Vegas in September. With all the make-up I'm bound to be wearing, the precleanse will come in handy!
Gorjana-Griffin Open Circle Necklace ($65) I love this piece! It's so delicate and neutral, I'll be able to wear it absolutely everywhere. Honestly, to me it doesn't look like it's a $65 necklace, but Gorjana pieces are really high quality, so I have a feeling it won't tarnish or wear like some other jewelry pieces I've owned. The chain is fairly short too (only 17"), so it can be worn with almost any neckline.
Lunares Apple Bowl ($29?) It's hard to put a value on this bowl since it's part of a 7-piece set. But this bowl was on sale for $29 on the same site, so let's go with that! This really doesn't go with my color scheme right now, but maybe I'll pass it on to my mom. If not, I'll save it for when I move into a new apartment in January. It would be a great catch-all for keys/loose change/hair ties/jewelry by the door.
Here's a view from the side. I like that it's silver on the outside!

I love how this box took on a back to school theme, and I'll be able to use every single item. PopSugar has won me over yet again! The September box has already sold out, so apparently a lot of other people feel the same way. If you'd like to sign up for a subscription, click here. They're only $35/month (less if you commit to three months or more). Well worth it!

No comments:

Post a Comment