Looking for something?

Thursday, August 29, 2013

KlutchClub Review August 2013

August marks my third (and final) month with KlutchClub. Subscriptions are $18/month, and KlutchClub offer boxes specifically curated for women, men, and moms.
Penta Ultra-Purified Water ($1.46) Penta water is "ultra purified," and it goes through an 11 hour, 13 step filtration process. While I appreciate purified water, I don't think I need my water to be quite that pure. I'm a little miffed that they'd include water in this box (really? just water?), but after the nasty tea drink they included in my June box, I won't complain. At least this will be appreciated!
Organic Meets Good Antioxidant Powder ($1.46) At first I thought this was tea, since it says "green tea" right on the label. Upon further inspection, though, this is actually antioxidant powder that you can add to yogurt or smoothies to up your intake. I think this will go to one of my health nut friends. And yes, this product is valued at $1.46 as well as the water bottle--I triple checked!
Annie Chun's Roasted Seaweed Snacks in Sesame ($2.24) Seaweed? Again? No!! I am haunted by seaweed in all my subscription boxes. It's just not my thing. Luckily I have some friends that like it, but they are probably getting overwhelmed with all the seaweed I've been foisting on them recently.
Fig Bar in Whole Wheat Blueberry ($.75) I tried this in my July Love with Food box, except in the strawberry flavor. It wasn't terrible, but it wasn't my favorite either. It was basically a thicker, healthier version of a Fig Newton. Fig Newtons are hearty enough as is, so I didn't really appreciate the denseness, but if I was really famished I would probably appreciate it. At least I'll eat it, though! (I'm looking at you, seaweed...)

Juice Beauty Oil-Free Moisturizer ($7) I still have teenager-like skin--oily, especially in my t-zone, and acne prone. So, really, the last thing I need is a moisturizer. I got this in a full size in a PopSugar box a few months back, and I passed it along to my mom since I almost never use moisturizers and that's one of the few items she does use. I decided to try this smaller sized sample out, though.

This was relatively well-received in the PopSugar box, though everyone commented on the scent. It smells like lemon cleaning products. Not lemon, not citrus, but very specifically like cleaning products. Sort of like Pledge or Mr. Clean I guess. I can't say I hate the smell, but I literally felt like I smeared some furniture polish all over my face. My skin didn't seem to absorb it very well either. I didn't apply much, but what I did apply stuck around on the surface in a pastey sort of way, and I had to wipe most of it off. Not to mention, this little half full tube has a $7 valuation. Expensive! It was okay after it soaked in, though not something I would seek out.
PopChips Nacho Cheese Tortilla Chips ($.40) If you can't tell from the photo, this is a tiny bag--less than half the size of the normal PopChip single serve bags. Usable, and healthier than Doritos, but nothing exciting.
Puracyn Wound Spray ($4.94) This is kind of a nifty product. From the sounds of it, you clean wounds with it before bandaging them to prevent infection. Not something I'd normally buy, but in this case that's a good thing. I don't anticipate lots of wounds in my future (this would be better if I had kids that got regular cuts and scrapes), but the next time I get a cut I'll be prepared!

This box ended up being valued at $18.25. So, basically, breaking even. I'm okay with breaking even if I like and will use everything I receive, but in this case I only will use about half the products, and even of those, there are none I'm super pumped about. With this box you're essentially paying for the curation, but I don't think I'm granola enough for KlutchClub. I really wish I was, but I think Bulu Box might be more my speed in terms of healthy subscriptions. I don't quite hate it, but I'm very happy to let my subscription run out. This is not one I'll be missing.

No comments:

Post a Comment