Looking for something?

Thursday, August 22, 2013

Birchbox Review August 2013 (Box 41)

I already reviewed my own box, but I get a second one too. Well, kind of. Technically, it's my mom's, but she's picky about what products she uses, so a lot of the stuff she won't use goes to me. So it's "our" box. This is her first regular month, and I was shocked that she got two of the same items I got this month and one of the ones I got last month. With dozens of variations I was not expecting that!
As usual, Oliver was a little over-eager to offer his modeling services...
Miss Jessie's Super Slip Sudsy Shampoo ($.81) This is probably a great product, but a foil packet? No conditioner packet to go with it? Meh. I could get this for free from the website.

No. 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect (~$7.10) I got this back in July but I've been saving it for my trip to Vegas next month. I love hair protector products though since I flat iron my hair almost every day.
Jasmine Seven Fresh Feet Wipes ($.66) These are kind of weird, since normal wet wipes are great for cleaning feet too, and way cheaper. But these will definitely get used, I just probably wouldn't purchase them.
Dr. Jart BB+ Cream ($4.42) This is definitely a product that is well suited to my mom, so she'll totally be keeping it. I don't have clear enough skin to really appreciate BB cream, but she'll love it.
ModelCo Party Proof Matte Lipstick in Kitty ($8) I got this exact same lipstick in my Birchbox, so I gave the extra to my roommate. My mom doesn't wear lipstick, so I definitely didn't need two of the same shade.

This box was worth about $21. Not bad, but not as good as Birchbox usually is. Still, the items this month were pretty usable. If you'd like to sign up for Birchbox using my referral link, click here!

No comments:

Post a Comment