Looking for something?

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Ipsy Review August 2013

My Ipsy bag for this month arrived today, and I have to say...this is easily the worst bag I've gotten from them. Not entirely unusable, but...definitely not up to their usual standards.
This is the bag this month. I love the colors, but all the text makes it a little too gaudy for me. As you can probably tell, the theme this month is "Glamour Academy."
Noya Lip Balm in Vanilla ($3.99) I can always use lip balms. I have quite the stash, but I seem to lose them pretty frequently, and I like having one in each purse, in the car, by my bed, in my bathroom, etc. So, while this will be used, it's nothing special. Especially because others got Urban Decay lipstick instead. Really? You give me $4 chapstick instead of a brand new Urban Decay product? I usually don't get box envy, but, Ipsy, this is bad! If they had offered another variation product in which the people that got the chapstick got something else higher end I'd be totally happy with it, but...nope. Boo.
Pacifica Alight BB Cream ($5.44) This is another variation item--I could have gotten a Smashbox primer or an eyeshadow, but instead I get this. First of all, I don't use BB creams because they don't provide enough coverage for me. Secondly, this is dark! It's not a matter of color preference (like with lip products), I literally cannot wear this. I indicate being "fair" on my profile, so I'm not sure why I got this since it only comes in a deep medium shade. Useless.
Pixi Lash Booster Mascara in Blackest Black ($7.29) I always love to try new mascaras, though this one has pretty bad reviews. I'll give it a shot, though.
City Color Cheek Stain in Pink ($2.99) I'm not a fan of cream blushes, and this is from a no-name company. I will try it now that I have it, but I'm not exactly excited.
Michael Todd Charcoal Facial Scrub ($5.29) I am definitely excited to try this and the sample size is pretty great.

Even though this month with Ipsy was probably my least favorite ever, I still got $25 worth of product, so Ipsy and I are not going to be breaking up anytime soon. If you are interested in starting a subscription, I still strongly encourage it, and you can click here (warning: referral link) to do so.

No comments:

Post a Comment