Looking for something?

Thursday, August 15, 2013

Birchbox Review August 2013 (Box 9)

This month's theme was "Finishing School"--not so different from Ipsy's "Glamour Academy," but I guess it's back to school time so it's kind of appropriate. Oddly enough, Birchbox sampled Cailyn liner and Coastal Scents eyeshadow this month, which have previously appeared in Ipsy bags. Interesting.
Ahmad Tea ($.35) Um...Birchbox, really? Tea? And tea in August nevertheless?? Super unhappy to get tea. Oh, well, this will go directly to my roommate.
Juice Beauty Green Apple Peel ($4.88) I'm really excited to try this mask. It seems like a decent size too, definitely enough for more than one use.
Dreams Nail Lacquer Calcium Base Coat ($5.25) This didn't have the size printed anywhere, but I'm guessing it's about half the regular size. I actually don't have any base coats, and probably don't go through them fast enough to justify purchasing a full size, so this is something I'm really happy to have.
JasmineSeven Fresh Feet Wipes ($.66) I'm glad this included two since I was kind of expecting just one. I will totally use them, since I wet wipe my feet regularly, but foot specific wipes is kind of silly to me.
 ModelCo Party Proof Matte Lipstick in Kitty ($8) This is a nice mauvy pink. Unfortunately I have so many lipsticks right now. I only wear it once a week or so, and it seems I collect it way faster than I use it. My mom got this exact same color this month, and she always gives me her extra lipsticks, so this will probably go to a friend. 

$19.14 value this month...not bad, since I only paid $9 for the box (and got $5 back in points), but still, not their brightest month. The tea is really the most offensive of the samples, then the duplicate lipstick is a huge bummer/waste, but neither of those are really the fault of Birchbox. It's still one of my favorite subs around! Click here to sign up via my referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment