Looking for something?

Sunday, July 21, 2013

Goodies.co Review July 2013

Goodies changed their box this month and it's about half the size of the usual.
I like the green color, and the box was always way too big for the contents, so I'm happy to see that it's a little smaller.
Here's the card they sent with it. Makes sense to me!
First look. See how the box separates the drink from the other items? I'm a fan.
The Better Chip Corn Chips I'm sure I'll be able to use these for a serving of nachos or chips and salsa. Nothing incredibly innovative, but these won't go to waste.
Crunchmaster Grain Crisps Honestly, these look pretty dry and awful. I'm sure they will be eaten, but...gluten free crackers are not exactly at the top of my snack list.
Gimbal's Cherry Lovers These are basically cherry jelly beans. They are slightly more moist on the inside, but otherwise they're the same texture and have the same sugary coating on the outside. There are nine different flavors, all of them cherry--cherry cola, cherry cheesecake, bing cherry, kiwi cherry, black cherry...you get the idea. If I loved cherry flavored things, I'm sure I'd love these. Edible, but not my favorite. Make these in orange variations and I'll be all over them.
Black Raspberry Fruit Water I've tried this in the orange mango flavor and it was pretty good. Basically flavored sparkling water. Black raspberry is probably the last variation I'd want to try, but it will still be tasty I'm sure.
Cosmos Caramel Popcorn Caramel popcorn is always a winner--but this isn't exactly caramel corn. It's made with "corn meal," so it's kind of a weird cracker/popcorn/sweet Cheeto puff material. It has no hulls or kernels, so maybe this is replacement caramel corn for the braces-wearing/delicate gum population? It was pretty good, but not nearly as good as caramel corn, and the bag was tiny. 
You can't really tell, but it's about the same size as a pouch of fruit snacks.

Alright, so, contents-wise, this isn't a bad box. Value wise, though, this may be the worst Goodies has ever been. Only five items in single serve sizes (or perhaps less than single in the case of the popcorn and the crackers) is pretty disappointing. Here's to hoping they step it up next month.

No comments:

Post a Comment