Looking for something?

Tuesday, June 25, 2013

Ipsy June 2013 Review

Last month was my first experience with Ipsy, and I loved my May bag. Let's see how the June bag stacks up.
This month's theme was "On the Wild Side." I don't think the theme really matches the contents in this case, but the bag certainly does.
Ipsy On the Wild Side Bag ($1?) I'm not a big fan of leopard print or neons...so I'm not a huge fan of this bag. I'm never really in it for the bags though, so I don't really mind if the pattern isn't my style.
Starlooks Lip Pencil in Tickle Me Pink ($12) I've never tried a lip pencil, but there's always a first time for everything. I hear rave reviews about Starlooks Star Box but I've never subscribed, so this will be a great way to try out one of their products.

J.Cat Sparkling Cream Palette in Volta ($4.49) Unfortunately, this product isn't approved for use around the eyes. It's supposed to be a "body glitter." But aren't body glitters loose? Ipsy suggests using this as a nail glitter, but it's in some sort of vaseline type material, so I don't think this would stay put very well.
NYX Cream Blush in Tea Rose ($6) NYX describes this as a "medium beige pink." I'm not a fan of cream blushes, but I'll try this one out. It looks like it may be a little dark but if it's applied correctly I think it will be pretty.
J.Cat Eyelashes + Eyelash Glue in EL99 ($3.99) I have tried applying fake lashes a couple of times, and I can never get it to work. I'm going to try my damnedest with these, but I don't have much hope. I wish I had gotten a different variation.

Cailyn Gel Eyeliner in Iron ($21) I've tried a couple of gel liners in the past and always had problems with the color transferring to my eyelids. This eyeliner, on the other hand, has awesome staying power. I love the Iron color, since it's not as harsh as black liner. I'm excited to try winged liner with this, I think it will look amazing.

The total value of this bag is $48.49, and I only paid $10! I'm not very excited for the J.Cat products (which are the least expensive anyway), but everything else is awesome. If you want to sign up using my referral code, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment