Looking for something?

Monday, June 24, 2013

Birchbox June 2013 Review


June's Birchbox theme was Wanderlust, and each box included four adorable postcards that represent each of their offices (in the UK, New York, Spain, and France).
Birchbox changed their logo and website this month, so I wanted to share the outside box. I liked their logo before, but their new logo is nice too. The inside of the box has a cool new zig zag pattern.
Violet Oasis Theraputic Body Butter ($1.09) I tried out this body butter today, and I wasn't a huge fan. It smelled to me like a combination of creamsicle and gas station air freshener. It wasn't greasy, but it was kind of oily. Not my favorite. And of course, I cannot escape lotion samples. Seriously, Birchbox, I wish you read my blog!

Amika Nourishing Mask ($1.60) I actually already got this sample in my November box. I loved it the first time I tried it, and I am happy to have it again. The full size price is a little steep for me though.

Yes to Carrots Lip Butter in Citrus ($2.50) I was kind of hoping I'd get the melon flavor, but I'm happy to get the citrus one. I always seem to lose lip balms and never have them around when I need them--I don't think I'll ever actually use one all the way up. So of course I'm glad to have a spare.
Paul and Joe Moisturizing Foundation Primer ($11.55) The sample size on this is HUGE. I love the way it smells, which is kind of weird for a primer, but hey, I do. I've only ever used primers for my eyeshadow, so it'll be fun to try out one for foundation. Something I never would have purchased, but I'm excited now that I have it.

Suki Exfoliate Foaming Cleanser ($2.06) I've heard amazing things about this so I'm excited to try it. I have lots of cleansers but none that are exfoliating. The citrus scent is amazing and I'm glad it came in a pot instead of a foil packet.

Color Club Polish Mini in Pardon My French ($2) Everyone got one of these polishes (each one was created to represent the location of a Birchbox office) this month. I like the purple color, but I was really hoping for the cream or the coral they sent out this month. Oh, well, at least I didn't get the green!

This month's box had a $20.80 value. Amazing! I reported my repeat sample to Birchbox and got 100 points, which is worth $10 in their shop. I was also able to review 6 items for 10 points each, which meant I got another $6 worth of points. So I made $16 to spend in the shop and only spent $9. What a lucky month--Birchbox essentially paid me $7 to take $20 worth of items off their hands. Score!

Birchbox remains one of my favorite subscription services! If you'd like to sign up using my referral code, click here.

No comments:

Post a Comment