Looking for something?

Wednesday, May 15, 2013

Love With Food Review May 2013

Love With Food this month was Breakfast in Bed themed for Mother's Day. Goodies just did a breakfast themed box not too long ago, but I like breakfast items, so I was excited for this box.
The Information Card
Mrs. May's Sunflower Crunch These were pretty much exactly what I was expecting. Little sunflower seeds coated in a sugary salty glaze. Kind of bland unless you really like sunflower seeds, but definitely edible. Remind me again how these are a breakfast item though?
Snapz Premium Tomato Crunch I don't like tomatoes so this wasn't a great item for me. The information card suggests using these on a breakfast sandwich but I don't think that sounds good at all. My roommate tried these and told me they taste like vomit. Not exactly a ringing endorsement.
Bari Authentic Almond Biscotti This almond biscotti was really tasty. The only thing that would have made it better would have been a white chocolate drizzle.
Caffe Borsa Sumatra Hand Drip Coffee I'm not a coffee drinker but this is kind of a fun way to make coffee and it does match the theme.
The Cookie Department Vegan Sweet Potato Wellness Cookie This was actually surprisingly good. Since it was vegan, it doesn't have any eggs or butter in it, but it uses canola oil and molasses instead. As a result it was pretty dry, but very tasty otherwise. Reminded me of an oatmeal raisin cookie.
Walker & Sons "Slap Ya Mama" Cajun Seasoning Yet another non-breakfast item. I get the play on Mother's Day I guess with this item, but "Slap Ya Mama" isn't exactly a great Mother's Day pun. I'll try this on some chicken or popcorn soon though, and the packets are generously sized.
Bonne Maman Strawberry Preserves I love the little jar this comes in, and I love strawberry products, but this is the third time I'm getting the exact same sample. I've gotten it in Goodies and Bluum already. Not Love With Food's fault, but it's not exactly exposing me to new things. I'll use it though, so I'm happy to have another.
Latte Candy Again, I'm not a coffee drinker. Did they have to put two coffee items in the same box? Oh, well, yet another thing I'll pass off to a friend.

Overall this box was kind of confusing to me. The "breakfast in bed" theme was really stretched in my opinion, particularly with the dried tomato slices, the sunflower seed bars, and the cajun seasoning. These items don't scream "breakfast" to me and I'm very glad I didn't gift this box for Mother's Day. Love With Food would probably be better off skipping the themes. I still love this subscription though. Not every box can please everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment