Looking for something?

Tuesday, April 9, 2013

PopSugar Must Have April 2013

 I already looked at spoilers for this box online, so I wasn't exactly itching with anticipation to receive it, but I was pleased to get my box so early. Usually PopSugar Must Have boxes arrive mid-month, but it seems boxes are being mailed out earlier and earlier.
Some people said this box didn't "look full" upon opening, but I have to disagree. It's not bursting at the seams or anything, but hey, it doesn't look too empty to me.

  • Kai Perfume Oil (1/8 oz.) $48 I wasn't sure how this would smell, but I was a little concerned. Perfume is so personal, so it seems like a bad idea to send anything more than a sample in a subscription box. Unfortunately, my fears were confirmed. This is a very very strong floral scent, and it's definitely not my taste. I pretty much had a headache from the second I put it on, and I'm not sensitive to most scents.
  • Tatcha Blotting Papers $15 These were already sent out in a previous PopSugar box. I mean, this is the "clutch sized" version, but still, repeats? Regardless though, I'm happy to get them since I don't have any blotting papers right now and I've never tried fancier ones.

  • Alter Ego Quinoa Dark Chocolate Bar $4 Even though I live in one of the most granola cities imaginable, I still haven't tried quinoa...and I think this is the perfect way to get myself into it. Hopefully this is kind of like a grown up Crunch bar since quinoa is similar to rice.
  • Shashi New Nugget Bracelet $28 This bracelet is just okay. I will probably find somewhere to wear it but it's pretty casual. At least it's adjustable, so it will fit my small wrists, unlike most bracelets. Definitely not my style, but I'm sure it suits a lot of people much better. I do like the gold on it. It helps make the bracelet look less friendship bracelet-ey and more legitimate.
  • Green Garmento Garment Bag $10 Last, and definitely least, a dry cleaning bag from Green Garmento. First of all, I don't go to the dry cleaner. Ever. Maybe once every five years. It's definitely more wasteful to produce this bag than to use one of the plastic slips that dry cleaners use. Secondly, I already have a hamper, so I can't exactly use this as a hamper. I was hoping that I would be able to use it as a duffel since that's one of its advertised uses, but this thing is HUGE. Body bag sized. Not only that, but one of the ends only closes with a drawstring. I was thinking maybe I could use it as an overnight bag but I could see my mascara and my socks slipping right out of that little hole. That means that this bag is literally useless to me, which is so depressing because I hate waste. I'll probably literally be using this as a garbage bag then taking it out to the dumpster and tossing it out with my trash since I don't know anyone else who would want it. Such a waste.
All in all, this box comes out to about $105 in value...better than I paid for it I guess, but this box was a huge disappointment to me. If I could return this box, I would, and that's not something I've ever said about PopSugar. That being said, next month is PopSugar's special edition Summer Fun box, so I have high hopes that May will be much better!

No comments:

Post a Comment