Looking for something?

Friday, April 26, 2013

Love with Food April 2013

My Love with Food box got misdelivered this month at first! Boo! Luckily it safely found its way into my hands!

This is the first look. As you can see, this box was curated by Andrew Zimmern and the theme is "Weird, Wild, & Wonderful Foods." Um, great. I'm probably the pickiest eater on the planet, so I wasn't excited to hear this. Of course I should be asking myself why I buy these food boxes in the first place if I'm so picky, but I just can't help it! My curiosity gets the better of me.
Oloves Green Olives in Lemony Lover (Lemon and Garlic): Okay, off to a bad start. I don't eat olives. My boyfriend gets these for sure. Also, lemon with garlic? That sounds terrible to me.

Creamy Buffalo Ranch Dip by Buff Lo Dip: I don't use ranch either. But guess what? My boyfriend loves it. And I don't use the word "loves" lightly, he seriously has a passion for ranch. So lucky him yet again.

Somersaults in Salty Pepper: I'm still not really sure what on earth these are. "Crunchy nuggets baked with sunflower seeds & toasted grains" according to the package, but that doesn't tell me much. I'm excited to try them though!

The Good Bean Roasted Chickpeas in Smoky Chili and Lime: Ugh, my pickiness ruins these too! My roommate said she'd test them out for me. I'm not a huge fan of "smoky" flavors though, so I'm sure I'm not missing out on much.

Air Popped Sorghum Grain from Mini Pops in Itty Bitty Butter: I was kind of excited to try these. I love popcorn, so I hoped I would like this too. Unfortunately, these just plain don't taste good. They are incredibly dry and taste kind of like half popped popcorn kernels. Oh, and "itty bitty butter" flavor? Well, they were right about the "itty bitty" part. These don't taste buttery at all to me. I bet they'd be better with some stronger seasoning though.

Cocomels Coconut Milk Caramels: One of these is "original" flavor and one of these is "sea salt." I thought that these would be kind of like a Samoa (I love those), but I was wrong. These are honestly kind of bizarre even though I expected them to taste run of the mill, but I can't put my finger on it. Oh well, I definitely ate them right away regardless!

Organic Fennel Pollen from Pollen Ranch: I had never heard of this before, but apparently it's good to use on meats. I might be one of the only people on the planet that really loves black licorice, and that's what this smells like, so maybe I should test it out. Licorice-y meat is a bit of a stretch though, even though I'm a huge licorice lover. We'll see on this one.

No comments:

Post a Comment