Looking for something?

Friday, April 26, 2013

Cooking Light Cravebox: Fast Meals

Full disclosure: "Cooking light" isn't really my thing. But "snacking light" totally is. So of course when I saw that Cravebox was collaborating with Cooking Light for a "fast meals" Cravebox, I was totally in. They're going to have a summer meals box as well as a back to school box and a holiday box, so I probably won't be able to resist those either. I only paid $13 for this one because I entered the drawing but it's still available on the site for $16!
Usually Cravebox uses these annoying little paper crinkles as fillers in their boxes. No matter how hard I try, I'm STILL finding paper crinkles in weird parts of my house weeks later. Lucky for me, this box was so full they didn't even need them! Just a couple pieces of tissue paper instead.
Box of Equal Packets: Well, there are fifty of these in there, so that's a pretty decent size I guess. But what am I going to use these for? I don't really think cooking with packets sounds fun. Plus, if I really wanted some Equal, I could probably swipe some packs of it from a diner or something. Meh.

Coupons: Okay, so there are other coupons that aren't pictured in this box, but they don't really count to me as items since you still have to spend money to redeem them. These, on the other hand, give you a free product upon redemption. Pretty cool, Cravebox. There are two coupons for full size boxes of brown rice Triscuits. I've noticed these as a new variation in stores but I haven't actually purchased any yet so I'm excited about the coupons. I have my eye on the sea salt and black pepper ones!
Stevia: Honestly, I probably have no use for Stevia either. I see lots of lemonade and iced tea in my future I guess. I haven't tried Stevia yet and it seems like quite the hip sweetener (if there is such a thing...), so I should give these a shot. The box has 30 packets in it.

Stash Herbal Tea Sampler: This has 9 flavors, two tea bags of each flavor. I don't really drink tea, but my roommate has been trying to cut her caffeine consumption, and these are caffeine free, so I'll probably pass these along to her.
Fig Newtons: I actually got this exact sample (only one package though) in my Goodies.co box from March. I liked them then and I'm sure I will now too!

Zone Perfect Bars: I really love how they sent two of each of these. I'm curious about them since I've never had any experience with the Zone Perfect brand.
Salsa Tortilla Popchips: I've tried the regular Popchips before, and I have to say, I'm less than impressed. The texture is okay but there's just something off about them to me! I'd rather have those yummy mini rice cakes Quaker has. However, I haven't tried their take on tortilla chips, so I'll give these a try.
McCormick Gourmet Collection Blends in Moroccan Seasoning and Perfect Pinch in Southwest: Who doesn't like seasoning? McCormick can be pretty pricey too, and these are full sized, so I'm excited to try them out! I am a little disappointed with the Southwest variation though. The cajun version or the red pepper and garlic version sound like they might be tastier.

Even though I feel like I've been kind of whiney about this box, I'm actually pretty impressed with its contents. It's a great overall value and I'm excited to test everything out!

No comments:

Post a Comment