Looking for something?

Monday, April 1, 2013

Golden Tote March 2013

This is my first Golden Tote, a clothing subscription service.

  • Golden Tote has two options: a $49 bag and a $149 bag.
  • The $49 bag includes two items (one you pick yourself) and retails for up to $250. The $149 bag has 6-7 items (two you pick yourself) and retails for up to $600.
  • Golden Tote has its subscribers fill out a survey to customize its choices.
  • Each purchase is one time only. I love this, because I don't have to worry about canceling! I can just purchase when I need new clothes or have extra money in my budget.
  • The April sale starts April 15th and lasts a week.
Alright, so here's my view when I first opened the box.

Surprise! Sitting on top is "a little surprise to introduce you to our jewelry tote!" It's a wooden bracelet with circles inlaid into it. You can't tell from the photo, but it's a little big for my wrist and this isn't really my style. However, I really appreciate the surprise!

So I unwrapped the box and...the items actually come in a tote! For some reason I thought they just called it Golden Tote. Nope, it comes IN a tote bag! The tote is high quality canvas. Awesome! I loved pulling the items out of the bag. It was like opening a present.

The first item I pulled out was the sweater I picked out. I loved the grey color and the polka dots were cute, plus I wear a lot of sweaters. In person, it's not quite what I wanted. It's still cute, but I have a long torso and it was a little short. Not too short to wear, but I would have preferred a slouchier fit. It wasn't super thick and warm either, but since it's spring that's kind of a plus.

The second item was a Puella tank top. I LOVE how neutral it is, and the ruching in the bust is really flattering. Also, it's super, super soft. However, I'm pretty sure I couldn't wear this item with a bra underneath because the cups in it are so triangular. I can totally wear it for sleep in the summer though, so I'm happy with it.

So I was expecting that to be it. The $49 tote is only two items after all. Isn't it? Nope! Not this month, not for me, anyway! The third and final item was a scarf. This isn't something I would normally pick out for myself, but I think I kinda love it! It's not very thick, so it will be perfect for spring and fall, and even though the color scheme isn't my usual, I think it will coordinate well with a lot of the clothes I own.
I LOVED my Golden Tote for this month! It was my first time with them, but it definitely won't be my last! Like I said, their next sale opens April 15th, so if there's an item I really like, I may just have to take the plunge again.

No comments:

Post a Comment