Looking for something?

Monday, April 1, 2013

FabFitFun Spring


FabFitFun, a new subscription service endorsed by Giuliana Rancic, seemed to be a hot competitor for PopSugar a few weeks ago. But on the heels of its spring release, will it remain successful?
I did happen to subscribe to FabFitFun when it first was announced, and therefore received the spring box, on sale for $40. The regular price is $50, and FabFitFun comes out once a quarter. Let's take a peek at what was sent out.

  • Moroccanoil Argan Oil. $43. I love the way this smells and I can't wait to see if this does any wonders on my hair! It comes with a pump which is a great feature.
  • Zoya Nail Polish, in FabFitFun Fuschia. $8. I love Zoya already, and this color will be perfect for summer.
  • ThinkThin Nutrition Bar, in Creamy Peanut Butter. $2. Eesh. I tried this in January's PopSugar and it was NOT good.
  • Jouer Lip Gloss, .11 oz in Rose Glisten. $13. Well...it's pink. It's sparkly. It's lip gloss. I don't really care for lip gloss (it's so sticky and it doesn't moisturize), and the glitter in this made my lips itch. It didn't look bad, but it didn't look good either. It added some shine to my lips but the itchiness was a huge turnoff and you could still see the glitter once it was applied to my lips.
  • TooFaced Lash Injection Mascara, .13 oz. $5.57. I have horribly stubby eyelashes, so I try every mascara I can get my hands on. Can't wait to try this, and I don't mind that it's a mini--once I'm done with it I can move on to the next mascara on my list!
  • GoSmile Teeth Whitening Pen, $22. I'm not patient enough for strips or the dentist, so here's to hoping this does the trick. Brush onto teeth, wait twenty minutes, and repeat every day for a week or two. Sounds pretty foolproof, right?
  • JewelMint Earrings, $0. Well, these are the big failure of the box for me (for anyone probably). These are obviously rejected earrings from a few years back. They are NOT attractive. I wouldn't be caught dead wearing them. Oh, and FabFitFun doesn't even know if my ears are pierced. Not to mention one of the earring backs was missing when they arrived. Technically, JewelMint and FabFitFun values these at $29.99. But honestly, that's a joke. This is stock that they couldn't EVER sell; I'll never wear them; they arrived with an earring back missing. For these reasons I value these at $0.

Okay, so, total box value, as calculated by me, is $93.57. Not bad, since I paid only $40 for the box, but not the $120 value that was promised when I first signed up. However, in advertising for these boxes, FabFitFun gave bloggers preview boxes that showed Butter London nail polish, a Josie Maran cheek and lip stain, the GoSmile teeth whitening pen, and a not-so-hideous necklace from JewelMint. I was lucky enough to still receive the GoSmile and I don't mind the mascara, but some subscribers got THREE pieces of JewelMint instead of these premium items. All equally or more hideous than those earrings. Not a good call for the FabFitFun first box, and I'm bummed I didn't get the same box as was previewed OR $120 worth of products as promised, but hopefully FabFitFun can learn from its mistakes...in the meantime, I'm eagerly awaiting their summer box!

No comments:

Post a Comment