Looking for something?

Saturday, April 13, 2013

Conscious Box April 2013

I'm normally not into "eco-friendly" boxes. I'm also usually not a fan of health or fitness boxes. Conscious Box happens to be a combination of both. However, I saw a deal to get a box for $1.95, and that's an amazing price! I can't get anything for $1.95 these days, so it seemed totally worth it to test out a box that usually retails for $19.95.

So there's an outer box and an inner box. You can see on the outer box that it says that I got "Classic Box 4." Conscious Box also offers gluten free and vegan options, but I am FAR from either of those. I like that there's an inner box since I always feel like boxes that have been through the mailing system are probably pretty dirty, but isn't this an eco friendly box? TWO boxes doesn't seem terribly eco friendly to me...

  • Seventh Generation Mandarin Refreshing Facial Cleansing Cloths: This will be put to good use! Seventh Generation must be branching out to personal care since if I remember right they used to only have cleaning products.
  • Safonique Lavender Sea Laundry Detergent: Nice. This is enough for two loads, and I can always use laundry soap.
  • Lafes Deodorant Stick: The directions say to "wet stone, apply to underarms and feet." Eep, scary! It's made with "natural mineral salts" and doesn't really smell like much so I'm not sure how this works? Of course I'll give it a go regardless.
  • Sappo Hill Glyceryne Creme Soap in Almond: Okay, so almond isn't my favorite scent. It's not bad either though, and I love bar soaps, so this will still be handy.
  • Earthrise Spirulina Natural Green Superfood for Longevity: Why is six tablets of this a one day supply?? I'm not really sure what this is, and I don't know why you're supposed to take SIX per day. I did a little research and it appears that Spirulina is an algae. Hmm. I don't know if I'm brave enough for this one.
  • Q Speed: This apparently contains 100 mg of Coenzyme Q10. Whatever that is. Uhhh hmm. I have similar feelings to this as I do to the Earthrise product...
  • Celestial Seasonings Blackberry Pomegranate Antioxidant Max Green Tea: I don't like tea very much, but this is a name brand and there are two bags included so that's a decent sample.
  • Totlogic Body Lotion: I'm telling you, lotion just follows me everywhere! Jeez, I cannot escape it!!
  • Organic Food Bar, Chocolate Covered Active Greens: Um...ew? Seriously, I don't quite know what this is, but it sounds AWFUL. Chocolate covered greens? Also, the sample says to look at the box for complete nutritional information. Box companies should not be sending edible samples without including all the ingredients and nutritional facts. If it's not labelled for individual sale, don't send it! (Especially when it's something so obscure.)

  • MRM Whey in Rich Vanilla: So you are supposed to add this to two ounces of juice, water, or milk. Two ounces really isn't much, so I'm assuming this tastes bad and you're supposed to basically take it as a shot? I'm kind of torn on this one. Is the nutritional value really worth it considering that it probably tastes disgusting?
  • Peter Rabbit Organics, Banana and Apple 100% Pure Fruit Snack: I've tried similar pouches from Go Go Squeeze and love them. This one literally ONLY has apple and banana in it, so it sounds pretty tasty
  • NurturMe Dried Organic Baby Food in Plump Peas: Well, I don't have a baby, but this sounds pretty disgusting regardless. This says that it's "also a great way to add nutrition to older eaters' food" so I guess maybe the point is to slip it into your kid's food to try to make their diet a little healthier? It also says you can add breast milk to make it into a puree, so I guess that's cool too. Except that I don't have any babies, so...this isn't going to be useful at all.
  • Coromega Omega 3 + D in Tropical Orange: This is a pouch filled with liquid (think cough syrup consistency). This could be an amazing way to get omega 3s, but...again, I don't think it's worth the heartache. Yuck.
Just as I suspected, the Conscious Box was well worth the $1.95! It would never be worth the full retail price for me, but I'm glad I got a chance to check it out, and I can definitely use some if not most of the items.

No comments:

Post a Comment