Looking for something?

Tuesday, April 29, 2014

Social Bliss Style Box April 2014 Review

I saw the March Social Bliss box, and I just had to subscribe. They included an amazing set of makeup brushes, and I was hopeful that April would be just as great. I paid $47.88, and used a code for a special "extra gift" in my box.

The box shipped via USPS and it was extremely quick to arrive. I am a big fan of their shipping.

Socialite's Night Out Bag by Izzy & Ali ($129) This was the big ticket item this month. I really love the style. It's very classic and the bag appears to be fairly well made. I'm disappointed that I got the navy bad though. Social Bliss sent out navy, black, grey, and yellow this month, and navy would have been my last choice. I almost never use small purses, and navy makes this even less usable. I wear a lot of black and I'm a firm believer in the "black clashes with navy" rule. It's a cute purse; I just don't think I will use it very much. Maybe a couple times a year, tops.
Too Faced Better Than Sex Mascara ($15) This is a deluxe mini, but I don't mind. Usually I have to toss full-sized mascaras before they're out anyway since you are supposed to scrap them within a few months of opening. I've been wanting to try this mascara for awhile now, though I highly doubt it will be "better than sex."
Its Sense Gold Earrings ($22) Hmm...this was my "bonus gift" and...well, these are just so not my style. I don't think I will ever wear them, which is kind of a bummer. I was hoping the bonus would be something I would actually be able to use. Does Goodwill take earrings??
Touch of Sparkle Cubic Zirconia Earrings ($50) Fifty dollars? Are you kidding me? That's an inflated price for sure. I do really like the style of these, but they are so formal and dangly! If I was going to fancy events all the time I would love these, but I'm just not. Hopefully they'll come in handy at some point, but probably not anytime soon.
The Little Black Compact ($5) I think this is really cute. I'm going to include it in a little care package for my mom for Mother's Day.
Girls Night Out Nail Art Kit by Stella ($7) I'm really not too into nail art, and I'm trying to keep my nails extra professional lately, so I don't think I'll be able to use these.

This was a really fun box to get, but the mascara is the only item I'm really excited about, so the cost benefit analysis just isn't there. I might order one of these as a special treat every once in awhile, but I can't see myself dropping $50 on it every month. 

Click here if you'd like to subscribe using my referral link.

No comments:

Post a Comment