Looking for something?

Saturday, November 23, 2013

Ipsy Review November 2013 ("Glam It Up")

A few weeks ago, Ipsy announced that everyone would be receiving six products this month instead of the usual five, and that the bonus item would be from Michelle Phan's new Em line. I was so excited to hear about this that I couldn't help but stay subscribed for another month, and I'm so glad I did!
The Bag ($1?) I actually kind of like this bag! The picture turned out a little weird (sorry), but I think it's one of their nicer ones. The liner is pink and the bag is gold. Maybe it's a little trashy, but I think it's cute!
Pixi Bronzer in Subtly Suntouched ($5.50 minus the kabuki applicator included in the full size) I have never actually tried bronzer because I'm so pale, but I think it is time to finally try some contouring. This shade is not too dark so it will be perfect for some experimenting!
BH Cosmetics Galaxy Chic Baked Eyeshadow in Asteroid (.83) Isn't this the coolest eyeshadow ever?? I love the texture! On the lid it's a nice brown with a slightly coppery sheen. Love it!
Nailtini Nail Polish in Champagne ($13) I ended up gifting this to a friend, but I think this is a gorgeous color!
Em Mascara in Brown Dramatic Volume Mascara ($20) Well, it's not like I don't have enough mascara, but that's not Ipsy's fault and I do use it every day. I'm excited to try the Em formula once I get through the current stockpile (it could be awhile).
Starlooks Gem Eye Pencil in Topaz ($14) The color name of this is Topaz, but it definitely is silver. No blue whatsoever. I'm okay with it though. I've been using it on my waterline and it really brightens my eyes up. I never would have tried it without Ipsy.

Be a Bombshell Cosmetics Lip Crayon in Shameless ($14) This berry color is gorgeous. It's a little sparkley but not necessarily in a bad way. I find myself wearing this an awful lot lately. It's such a great color for fall and it has some serious staying power.

I have to say, this might be my favorite Ipsy bag ever! I will be able to use every single one of the products, and that's a first. Plus, this month has had way less variations, which I like. I don't mind it with Birchbox, but for some reason variations in Ipsy end up being really unfair for the most part.

I was going to cancel because I'm starting to get way too many beauty supplies...but I don't think I can bear to do it until December is over. This month's bag was worth about $68. For a $10 cost, that's a steal! To sign up using my referral code, click here! Hopefully Ipsy is on a permanent upswing!

No comments:

Post a Comment