Looking for something?

Friday, July 12, 2013

PopSugar Must Have Review July 2013

It's that time of the month again--PopSugar time! July is PopSugar's one year anniversary, so a lot people thought the July box would be extra special--I figured otherwise, and I was right. They recently announced a spoiler (below) for August as an "anniversary gift," so they must be celebrating August as their one-year instead.
I think this necklace is absolutely gorgeous, so I'm thrilled to have it in the next box. This makes it already a "good box" in my book! Can't wait to see what else they send out.
"The dog days of summer are here,and just because we may be searching for any way to beat the heat doesn't mean out fashion, beauty, or entertaining routines have to suffer." Kind of a stretch for a theme, but okay.
HannahMax Baking Cookie Chips in Dark Chocolate Chocolate Chip ($2) Yum! These are super tasty. Basically, they're like the crispy edge pieces that sometimes form on cookies. They kind of remind me of brownie brittle. I'd really like to try their salted peanut butter next.
Tovolo King Cube Tray ($8.24) I've used a jumbo ice cube tray before at a friend's house, and I loved it. The ice cubes melted much slower and they were way easier to get out of the silicone. I'm totally happy to have one of these for summer.
This looks kind of pink in the photo but it's actually a deepish red. I'm a little sad they didn't send out a more fun color for summer.
NCLA Nail Polish in As If! ($16) I love the color but I don't see it as a summer shade. Maybe spring? I could even see it in the winter with a silver sparkle polish since it is kind of icy. I still love it, but God knows I don't need more nail polish. Certainly not a "Must Have" for me.
Rose Gold Double Curb Chain ($28) Other people said this was heavy and they weren't kidding! It sank right into the carpet when I tried to take a photo. I am not a huge fan of this but I think if I wore it with something neutral and classic it could look nice. I'll give it a try anyway. Might as well since I have it, right?
 Supergoop Serum ($42) Okay, so...sunscreen is a product I never, ever use. Moisturizer is a product I also never, ever use, especially in the daytime. I get burned way too easily, so I tend to just stay inside when it's sunny, and my face is oily enough without added moisture. That being said, I think this is a great item for summer, so I totally understand why they included it, and it's certainly preferable to a sunless tanner.

I'm satisfied with this box, especially once I got my hands on everything, but it's not one of my favorites. Lucky for me, I already have an amazing item to look forward to for next month! If you want to sign up (which I highly recommend you do), click here to give me some referral credits!

No comments:

Post a Comment