Looking for something?

Saturday, July 13, 2013

Goodies.co Review June 2013

I'm going to use this an an opportunity to tell everyone that Goodies.co is launching a kid's subscription in August for the same price as it's regular subscription. ($7, including shipping!) I'm really tempted to sign up. Even if I don't have kids, I'm a kid at heart. I think I'm going to make myself wait until the first reviews are out, but at $7 I don't know how I'll be able to resist.
GimMe Roasted Seaweed Snacks I feel like when I write reviews I always start with the worst items in a box and work my way up to the best. The bad news? No way will I ever eat these. Seaweed? No. Honey dijon seaweed? Double no. I don't know why, but seaweed is just so gross to me. The good news? This is the only "unusable" item in the box. Awesome!
Pringles Stix (Cheese Flavor) These are one of my favorite snack foods, and I consider them extremely underrated! If you've ever had Pocky before, these have a similar crunch. They're just a savory cheesy version. I was thrilled to see these in the box because I really, really enjoy them.

Smooch Strawberry, Blueberry, & Banana Fruit Snack I love applesauce pouches, but I am unfamiliar with the smooch line. This makes me a little nervous because it's "fortified with chia and acerola." I hope that it doesn't give it a weird texture.
Lay's Stax Adobadas (Made in Mexico) I wasn't sure what to make of these. They're a little thicker than Pringles, which isn't really a good or a bad thing in my opinion. They had kind of a confusing flavor...one part tomato, one part sour cream and onion, one part jalapeno. I think I like them, and they were definitely interesting to try. I don't think I'd buy them again if I had my pick of more traditional flavors, but I had no problems emptying the can.
Dream Water in Nighttime Nectar Okay, so, I think this is kind of cheating on the part of Goodies. This is not food! It's not really a beverage either! However, I have my fair share of trouble sleeping, so I'm happy to have it. I've actually tried Dream Water before in another flavor. It didn't exactly taste the best, but it worked! The main ingredient is melatonin, which is way cheaper (and less icky) in pill form, but this works just as well. One problem with melatonin: if you take it for more than a week or so you run the risk of your body producing less of it on its own. That means dependency, which is no good.
Dutchy Originals Highland All Butter Shortbread Um, I'm never going to be mad if someone gives me cookies. They come in a single-serving pouch (two medium-sized cookies), so they were the perfect afternoon snack. And they were divine, as expected. It was like those Danish butter cookies in the blue tins they sell around Christmas made love to sugar cookies. Loved them.

No comments:

Post a Comment