Looking for something?

Tuesday, July 16, 2013

Birchbox Review July 2013

This month's Birchbox featured a partial collaboration with the show "Suits," and apparently the stars chose a few key items in this month's boxes ("Suits picks"), but I really didn't see any elements of the show come through.
See how my "Suits Pick" is highlighted? I wish there was more to it than that, because I really like collaboration boxes when they're done right.
Number 4 Super Comb Prep & Protect (~$7.10) I'm going to guess this is about an ounce and a half of product, but unfortunately it's unmarked, so take the price estimate as a grain of salt. I straighten my hair almost every day so I always need heat protector sprays--and this will be perfect for my trip to Vegas in September since it fits the TSA guidelines! Unfortunately I never got the Beauty Protector exclusive spray that Birchbox started sending out a few months ago (and everyone raved about), and I'm still crossing my fingers for it in a future month.
Benefit It's Potent! Eye Cream ($6.40) I'm not one for moisturizers, but I think I could totally rock an eye cream. And the little glass jar is just SO cute. I'm totally reusing it for travel or foil packets that are multi use. Unfortunately it wasn't all the way full, but a little eye cream goes a very long way. Some samples I save for later for one reason or another, but I'm using this one up right away.
Isn't this the cutest little magnetic case?
Instain Staining Powder Blush in Swiss Dot ($4.40) Okay, so this sample is only .018 ounces...but the full size is only .09 ounces, which means that this sample is actually 1/5 of full size. It's tiny, but not half bad for a sample. This was my "Suits Pick" and also super hyped up this month. Most cheek stains aren't powdered and this one is apparently really unique. I've heard it's especially pigmented and can be hard to apply. I'll have to try this on a day when I have lots of time to get ready (and apply with a light hand so I don't overdo it). I can't wait to see what all the fuss is about though!
Birchbox Bobby Pins ($1.67) I almost never wear bobby pins. Maybe once every few years. But these are SO adorable, and super sturdy. I love the design too, modern and fun without being too flashy. I think I'm going to have to make a point of wearing these because I really do like them.
DDF Acne Control Treatment ($12.94) This is a GREAT size sample. It will certainly last me quite awhile. I'm not a huge fan of face creams as acne treatments (like my face isn't oily enough), but I'm definitely going to try it out. If it makes my skin clearer it will be well worth it!

This month I paid $9 for my box (including shipping) and got $5 back in points to spend at the Birchbox store. So essentially I got over $30 in product for $4! Birchbox is an insane value and I can't ever see letting my subscription go. If you want to join in on the fun, click here to sign up using me as your referral.

No comments:

Post a Comment