Looking for something?

Wednesday, May 8, 2013

PopSugar Must Have Summer Fun Edition Review

It's here! It finally arrived! I've been anxiously awaiting this $100 special edition PopSugar box since it was announced a couple of months ago. Of course I already looked at spoilers online a couple of days ago, but I was still super excited to see variations.

This is what the box looked like. Each item was individually wrapped in black tissue paper, which makes the box feel much more like opening presents.

Here's a photo of all the items. Sorry, it's not exactly artfully laid out like I wanted it to be, but no arrangement seemed to make it all look put together or cute.


Sachin + Babi Baroque Print Foulard Sarong: I'm not sure how much to value this at, but this brand is PRICEY. To be fair though, this is just a piece of fabric, so it can't be worth that much in all actuality. I tried it on and honestly I just don't think I'm much of a sarong wearer. It fits, but it just looks wrong on me. I can't really wear it as a skirt unless I want it dragging on the ground, so I'm not too sure what to do with this. I do like the print and the fabric. Nice and neutral and very soft.

Starbucks Refreshers in Very Berry Hibiscus ($5.95): I have yet to try these but I'm looking forward to it. Seems very summery to me!
Truffle Classic Clarity Pouch ($38): This is supposedly for switching essential items (lip gloss, phone, keys, etc) from one bag to another. I don't switch bags that often though, so I don't think this is very handy for that. I'm going to have to come up with an alternative use. Maybe I could use this for my iPad in the kitchen or the bath? Hmm, I'm going to have to investigate whether or not it's truly waterproof. I guess I could also use it as a pencil pouch, since that's what it looks like.
Vitabath Sugar Scrub in Citrus Twist ($18): I love scrubs and it's one of the few beauty products I actually need MORE of. I was so worried they were going to include a tanner or sunscreen in here, so I'm thrilled that we got this instead!
S'well Bottle (17 oz, $35) This water bottle is from the Shimmer collection, and as you can see it's nice and metallic. I kind of wish I had gotten a more neutral color but I'm happy with the pink. This bottle is supposed to keep cold beverages cold for 24 hours and hot beverages hot for 12. I love how it actually looks like a bottle!
Henri Bendel Candle in Vanilla Bean ($30): I love vanilla scents so I'm SO happy I got this candle. I would never buy such an expensive candle for myself but I'm happy to use it now that I have it! This is an AMAZING vanilla scent, not your typical run of the mill Glade candle.
House of Harlow Sunglasses in Lynn (Fog) ($148) I am so happy I got these. I don't have any aviators and I love the grey color. Also, isn't the case just amazing? So cute! I'm totally going to be wearing these all summer long.

All totaled, this box has a $275 retail value not including the sarong. And that counts shipping costs as well! Amazing! I don't love the sarong or the clarity pouch, but everything else is stuff I will use and love but would have felt guilty purchasing at full price.

The special edition summer box for men is still on sale if you need a gift for a special guy in your life! Order it here.

No comments:

Post a Comment