Looking for something?

Sunday, March 10, 2013

PopSugar Must Have March 2013

My March PopSugar box arrived yesterday and I couldn't be happier! This box reminded me why I subscribe to PopSugar in the first place: lifestyle items that I would never think to buy for myself.

First I want to highlight the necklace in the box since I didn't take individual photos. It isn't listed on the Heather Belle website, but it says in the pamphlet for this month that it's "the latest addition to Heather Belle's collection." The only other necklace on their site is $75, so let's just call that the value. I am really glad PopSugar finally sent out a necklace (they've sent out two bracelets so far as well as a watch) and I'm thrilled that it's so simple. I'm not sure if I'm a fan of the tassels though. They make the necklace REALLY long, and I'm not sure how I feel about it getting in the way so much. It looks like this is an easy fix though. I'll probably just cut off the tassel part with some jewelry pliers.

The next item in the box is The Laundress Delicate Wash. This retails for $19. PopSugar also sent out Wool and Cashmere Wash and Denim Wash. Honestly, though, I think I could use any of the washes for any of the purposes and I'd be just fine. I cracked this open to smell it and it has a very generic soap-y sent. Definitely not worth $19 to me, but maybe I'll feel differently once I test it out.

Now for the birds of the box! This corkscrew ($16) is adorable, and although I'm not a big wine drinker, this is definitely appreciated (if I was really into wine I'd probably have one already). PopSugar of course had to include some easter candy (~1), but I'm kind of glad it was Peeps. I just bought a big bag of those malted milk ball robin's eggs, and I figured with my luck that they would be included. Lucky me! My Peeps look a little deformed (they all have extra eyes), but they'll be tasty regardless. PopSugar sends out a lot of items with gelatin in it though (hot cocoa marshmallows, gummy bears, and now these), which I could see being an issue for strict vegans/vegetarians.

I'm not sure how I feel about the beauty items this month. I'm always excited to try new mascaras, and the Bare Escentuals' Buxom Sculpted Lash ($19) looks promising. The S-shaped brush intrigues me, but the 3.4 rating on Sephora is only so-so. We'll wait and see with this one. The nail polish ($10) is obviously not going to be everyone's style, and it's definitely not mine. That loud traffic cone orange would look just awful on my pasty pale skin, and the yellow might be okay for nail art (the inside of flowers), but the usefulness stops there. Oh, well...someone had to get the ugly colors!

Finally, in the "items I didn't know I needed but I really need" category: the Hollywood Fashion Secrets Sweater Shaver ($6) is going to be my new best friend. I always needed one of these but I never think to pick one up and I'm never really sure where they are located at the store. My sweaters all get pills on them and this will be a great way to perk them up. The Hollywood Fashion Secret Fashion Tape Assortment ($10?) is great too. I always mean to try out fashion tape to do temporary hemming, close up gaps in button ups, and keep my bra straps in line with regular straps, but I just can't justify the purchase. Can't wait to try these out!!

I love my March PopSugar! It's the perfect blend of useful and fun. And according to my calculations, the ARV of this box is $156. Wow! If you are interested in subscribing, use the code REFER5 for 5 dollars off. I subscribed for three months ($95) with the code, bringing my monthly box cost down to only $30.

No comments:

Post a Comment