Looking for something?

Wednesday, March 20, 2013

Graze

Alright, so this is probably my last Graze review for awhile unless I get something extra exciting. I assume these ones are kind of boring after awhile, so I won't force them on you every week. That being said, here's my most recent box:

The first item I tried was the Tropical Sundae. For some reason, the pineapple in this one was much chewier (and yummier) than in the tropical daiquiri. Hmm. I'm not complaining, but it is a bit odd. The mango was good, kind of a blend between the overly sweet Philippine brand they sell in big, addictive bags at Costco and the horribly bitter no-joy-in-life dried mangos that are sold at Trader Joe's. These are tasty without feeling like I'm eating candy. The banana chips were okay. They're chewy rather than crispy like most banana chips, but that's not necessarily appealing to me. I'd rather just eat a banana.

The next thing I ate was the El Picante. Oh, great, more corn nuts. I would prefer just to have regular peanuts. Wait, there ARE regular peanuts in this one! Chili peanuts! And they're really good! I also loved the paprika breadsticks, surprisingly enough. So I ate through all the fake corn nuts first, then ate the better parts second. Not bad!
Third, the Bounty Hunter. I'm not sure why it's called that. I wish I knew the inspirations for some of Graze's snacks. Anyhow, this to me is the perfect "lunch dessert." It feels like dessert, but it isn't too rich, and it's a little healthier. You still have half the day to get through, after all, so you need fuel! The balance of this one is perfect. The tartness of the dried cranberries, the creaminess of the chocolate (Graze chocolate is very similar to Cadbury in my opinion), and the sweet, chewy chunks of coconut. This is definitely a winner.
The last item of the box was the shortbread dippers. These are wholemeal shortbread dippers with raspberry and strawberry compote. I LOVE these. If I could buy them in bulk I could. The cookies are sweet, with a fluffy texture, and they pair perfectly with the slightly tart compote. The flavor of the cookies doesn't compete at all with the taste of the berries. Each flavor stands out in its own right. Probably my favorite from Graze so far.

Last but not least, I was able to sweet talk my boyfriend into giving me his referral code. Comment on this post if you want it...the first post gets it! :)

5 comments:

  1. Replies
    1. You got it, Raiyne! Just email me within the next day or two via my "Contact Me" button at the bottom of the page with your contact information and I'll have it to you ASAP. :)

      Delete